Lexington, South Carolina Neck and Back Injury Attorneys
Our personal injury lawyers can help
Neck or back injuries sustained in a car accident can be very painful. These types of car accident injuries can also be very complicated legal cases. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side who is familiar with these injuries and the legal challenges often associated with them.
If you or a loved one sustained a neck or back injury in a car accident caused by another driver, we can help. Our experienced Lexington car accident injury lawyers at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law know the area and understand how the legal system works here. That’s because both our attorneys – brothers Kevin and Steven Johnson – were born and raised in Lexington. For us, what we do is more than just a job. It’s about fighting for justice for our friends and neighbors.
What are common neck injuries caused by car accidents?
Injuries to the neck are among the most common car accident injuries. Many people contact us because they’re suffering from whiplash after a rear-end car accident. That is just one type of neck injury often associated with car accidents. Other common – and often serious – neck injuries caused by car accidents include:
- Broken neck – The bones in the neck sometimes break due to the force and power of a serious car accident.
- Neck sprain – Muscle sprains in the neck are a serious matter, and these injuries often occur as a result of a car accident.
- Herniated disk – Sometimes, the soft disks located in between the vertebrae (bones in the neck located along the spine) burst or break due to a car accident. When these disks rupture, the pain can be severe, especially if the herniated disk irritates a nerve.
Whatever type of neck injury you’re dealing with after your car accident, you can count on our law firm every step of the way.
What are common back injuries caused by car accidents?
Back injuries caused by car accidents can be very serious injuries. Some of the most common and serious back injuries we often deal with at our law firm include:
- Spinal cord injury – Injuries to the spine are among the most serious car accident injuries. Depending on the severity and location of the injury, the person may not be able to walk or move other parts of their body for several months or perhaps never again.
- Vertebrae fracture – The bones supporting the spine are called vertebrae. When a vertebra breaks or fractures due to a car accident, the pain and suffering can be severe. A person’s ability to walk or move can also be severely restricted.
- Herniated disk – The rubber-like disk located between the vertebrae in the back are sometimes damaged during a serious car accident. Herniated disks are a common, painful back injury.
Back injuries caused by car accidents can change a person’s life. In an instant, they might not be able to walk or perform many other activities they may take for granted. If you or a loved one sustained a serious back injury in a car accident, we want to help.
What types of car accidents often cause neck or back injuries?
Any type of car accident can result in a serious back or neck injury, but certain types of accidents are often associated with these specific injuries, including:
Is this what happened to you? Or are you dealing with another type of crash? Whatever the circumstances, our experienced Lexington legal team can help.
Why are car accident neck or back injury cases so complicated?
Car accidents cases which result in back or neck injuries can be very complicated for many different reasons, including:
- The driver who caused your accident denies doing anything wrong.
- The other driver’s insurance company denies your claim. Reasons why include:
- Insurance company believes other driver who denies wrongdoing.
- Insurance company claims your injury was pre-existing.
- Insurance company doesn’t believe that you’re injured.
So many legal issues can come up. That’s why it’s important to have an attorney on your side who knows how to respond and can effectively defend your rights.
Get serious about your neck or back injury. Get Johnson + Johnson.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. According to South Carolina’s laws, in many cases you only have three years or less from the date of your car accident to take legal action. This deadline – known as the statute of limitation – is very strict. If you don’t file a lawsuit before this deadline, you may not be able to obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve for your back or neck injury.
Just because you might have three years, that doesn’t mean you should wait that long to talk to a lawyer. In many cases, the sooner you talk to an attorney, the stronger your legal case. That’s because evidence can disappear over time, and without the facts, your claim may be denied.
Get the respect you deserve. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a Lexington car accident injury attorney at our firm. We welcome the opportunity to work with you and earn your trust.