Lexington, South Carolina Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Your crash injuries matter to us
Were you or a loved one seriously injured in a car accident in Lexington, Columbia, or another South Carolina community? Are you in pain or suffering? If another driver clearly caused your crash, it’s important that you take legal action right away. Otherwise, you might end up having to pay for your medical care or other accident-related expenses out of your own pocket.
Our experienced Lexington car accident attorneys at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law can help you every step of the way. We understand the seriousness of injuries sustained in a crash. In an instant, you may have sustained an injury that requires surgery. Or you may simply need time to rest and heal.
Our attorneys – brothers Kevin and Steven Johnson – can help you during this challenging time. We can help you fill out any necessary forms related to your accident. We can deal directly with insurance companies and anyone else investigating your crash on your behalf. That way, you can focus on what matters most – your recovery.
What type of car accident injury are you dealing with after your crash?
In a car accident, the force of impact can jolt the head back and forth or side to side. This motion can move the brain and cause it to bounce around and touch the skull, resulting in a concussion. Many people are familiar with the term concussion and because of that, they may assume the injury is minor. That is not the case. A concussion is a brain injury, and any brain injury is serious and if not properly treated can worsen over time. If you are experiencing vomiting, headaches, blurred vision, or short-term memory loss you may be suffering from a concussion.
Neck and Back Injuries
Neck and back injuries are some of the most painful injuries a person can suffer after a car accident. Some common types of neck and back injuries include:
- Sprain: Damage to the neck/back ligaments. The force of impact of a car accident is too much for our ligaments to endure. With a sprain, the ligaments can tear. If you have a neck or back sprain you may have symptoms like muscle spasms and a limited range of motion. Some types of sprains can heal with rest and ice, but others may require medical treatment and even surgery.
- Strain: Damage to the neck/back muscles and tendons. The symptoms of a neck or back strain are like those of a sprain. Strains tend to be more minor than sprains and can heal with simple ice and rest treatment, but it is possible for a muscle or tendon to tear enough that surgery is the only treatment option.
- Herniated disc and spinal cord injuries: Spinal discs are stacked to create our spine and allow our backs to move and be flexible. The impact of a car accident can rupture these discs and cause the soft interior to bulge out of place. This can press on nerves and cause pain or numbness and weakness in the back, arms, and legs. In extreme cases, a spinal cord injury can leave a person paralyzed.
Whiplash is among the most common injuries people suffer after most types of car accidents. From rear-end accidents to head-on collisions, whiplash after a car accident can be extremely painful. The force of impact throws a person’s head back and forth. This abrupt motion can cause a person to have pain in their neck that can extend to their back. The muscles, spinal discs, nerves, and tendons in your neck can all be damaged by this injury. Since whiplash is so common, many people assume it is a minor injury, but the pain from whiplash can be long-term. If you are suffering from whiplash, you may be experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Neck and back pain
- Blurred vision
- Stiffness of the neck
- Limited movement of the neck
- Headaches that start at the base of the skull
Injuries from car accidents often develop over time. If you’re wondering how long after a car accident can injuries appear, it varies from accident to accident. Delayed pain can start after a day or two or longer. That’s why it is crucial for you to seek medical attention so you can learn the full extent of your injuries and receive the proper treatment.
Along with these serious injuries, our law firm also works with families dealing with the loss of a loved one in a car crash. If another driver caused this accident, your family may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim for your accident.
What makes car accident injuries so complicated?
Car accidents involving serious injuries can be complicated for many different reasons, including:
- The driver who caused your injury and crash denies doing anything wrong.
- The insurance company representing the other driver denies your claim.
- The driver who caused your injury and accident claims you caused the crash.
- You’re still in pain and recovering but your employer insists you must return to work.
- The insurance company representing the other driver makes a lowball settlement offer and refuses to offer more money.
You have enough to worry about after your accident. You should be focused on getting better. We can deal with all the paperwork and cut through all the red tape often associated with serious car crashes. That’s why we want to meet with you.
Get serious about your car accident injury. Get Johnson + Johnson.
The clock is running after your accident. In many cases, you often only have three years or less from the date of your accident to take legal action, including filing a car accident lawsuit. This deadline – known as the statute of limitations – might seem like a long time, but the reality is the sooner you start taking legal action after your crash, the better. Otherwise, you could end up having to pay for your medical bills or other accident-related expenses yourself.
That’s not right. Get the respect you deserve. Talk to a lawyer for car accident injury today. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with a Lexington car accident lawyer who puts your best interests first. We know the area and understand the law. That’s because both our lawyers were born and raised in Lexington. For us, it’s more than just a job. It’s about fighting for justice for our friends and neighbors. You’re more than just a client at our law firm. You’re family.
Let us help you with your car accident injury claim. Get serious. Get Johnson + Johnson – a new class of attorney serious about winning.