Lexington, South Carolina Head-On Accident Lawyers
Our personal injury attorneys will get justice for you
Head-on collisions are among the most serious car accidents we deal with at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law. In an instant, another driver can crash head-on into your car or a car in which your loved one was a passenger or the driver. You or your loved one can suffer many injuries like whiplash from a head-on collision. When this happens, it’s critical that you take immediate action to protect your rights after your head-on accident.
Our experienced Lexington, South Carolina car accident lawyers can fight for your rights after your crash. We know the laws and understand how the legal system works here. That’s because our attorneys – brothers Kevin and Steven Johnson – were born and raised in Lexington. It’s also the reason why the work we do is more than just a job. That’s because the people we represent are more than just clients. They’re our friends, family and neighbors.
What are common causes of head-on collisions?
Head-on collisions happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of car accidents that result in head-on collisions include:
- Distracted drivers driving into on-coming traffic
- Speeding drivers losing control of their car
- Drivers falling asleep at the wheel and crashing into an on-coming car
- Drunk drivers crashing head-on into another car
Is this how your head-on accident occurred? Or are you dealing with another type of head-on collision? Whatever the circumstances of your crash, we’re here to help you hold the other driver accountable for their actions.
Common head-on collision injuries
Head-on accidents are extremely dangerous for the drivers and passengers in both cars. The force of impact creates physical trauma our bodies are not meant to withstand. Some of the most common injuries that can result from a head-on collision include:
- Whiplash: In a head-on crash, the driver’s head is abruptly and aggressively jolted forward and then back. This results in a sprain or strain of the neck or whiplash. If the impact was hard enough, whiplash can be severe enough to damage the spinal cord.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): It’s common for a driver’s head to smash into the steering wheel during an accident. Traumatic brain injuries are serious, and some injury victims never fully recover from them. If you suffer from headaches, have continued nausea or slurred speech, you may have a TBI and should seek medical attention right away.
- Fractures and broken bones: At the point of impact, a person’s limbs can bang into the dashboard, the car door, or anywhere inside the vehicle. When the impact is too strong, bones break. Legs, arms, and ribs can all fracture and most of the time need surgery to repair.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: A back injury after a head-on collision can change a victim’s life forever. When the spinal cord is injured, the person suffering the injury can lose mobility in certain areas. If the injury is catastrophic, the victim could be paralyzed.
Everyone involved in a head-on accident is at risk for serious injury. As soon as you can, get checked out by a doctor. Although many injuries are immediately evident, some emerge over time. So even if you are symptomless, it is still in your best interest to seek medical attention.
With serious injuries come serious medical bills. You may also have been forced to miss work. An experienced lawyer can help break down all your accident-related expenses and lost wages. We’ll help you understand the true compensation amount you need and deserve, and we’ll fight hard to get it for you.
Why are head-on accident cases so complicated?
You might think that head-on collisions would be straightforward. Another driver clearly made a mistake and crashed into another car. The reality is many head-on accidents turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect. Reasons why include:
- The driver who caused the accident denies doing anything wrong.
- The at-fault driver doesn’t remember what happened.
- The other driver blames you or a family member for causing head-on collision.
- The other driver’s insurance company believes the other driver and denies your claim.
Whatever complications you may encounter after your head-on collision, our attorneys can help you demand the respect and attention you rightfully deserve.
Put your trust in an accident attorney that puts your needs first. Contact us.
Some lawyers avoid taking on tough cases. We thrive on them. That’s because we know what a difference our work can make in our clients’ lives. If someone clearly caused your head-on collision, you shouldn’t have to pay for their mistakes. As your attorney, we can investigate your accident and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. If they refuse to cooperate, we can file a head-on collision lawsuit on your behalf.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation. Our Lexington head-on accident lawyers can fight for your rights and demand the justice you deserve.
Johnson + Johnson – a new class of attorney serious about winning your case.