Lexington, SC Car Accident Concussion Injury Lawyers
Your head injury matters to our personal injury attorneys
Dealing with a concussion caused by a car accident in Lexington, Columbia, or a neighboring South Carolina community? Or perhaps you sustained another type of head injury in a car crash? If another driver clearly caused your car accident injury, take strong legal action right away. Otherwise, you could miss out on your opportunity for justice.
Our experienced Lexington concussion injury attorneys at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law can help you every step of the way. We know what evidence to look for when dealing with head injuries sustained in a car accident. We are prepared to do the work that needs to be done to do the job right. You can count on us after your concussion.
What is a concussion?
A concussion is a medical term used to describe a head injury that affects a brain’s ability to function. Most concussions are caused by a blow to the head. In the case of a car accident, a concussion often occurs when the driver or passenger hits their head against the steering wheel or dashboard of the car during the crash.
Concussions can range from mild concussions to more severe concussions. Whatever type of concussion you think you might have, make sure you take your head injury seriously right from the start. Have a medical professional examine you so they can determine if you have a concussion and the severity of your injury.
What are common warning signs for a concussion?
Symptoms for a concussion can vary depending on the severity of your head injury. Common concussion symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in ears
If something doesn’t feel right, have a doctor examine you. What might seem like something minor could be a serious, life-threatening head injury.
What are other types of car accident head injuries?
Car accident head injuries can cover a wide range. Along with concussions, some of the most common – and most serious – head injuries people sustain in accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury – Often simply referred to by its initials, a TBI can be any type of brain injury, from a mild concussion to a severe head injury.
- Skull fracture – Very serious head injury involving the skull bone breaking or fracturing.
- Edema – Medical term used to describe swelling of the brain, a very serious injury since the skull does not expand and the brain can become severely injured due to swelling.
- Hematoma – Blood clotting in the brain, which can lead to swelling of the brain and loss of consciousness.
- Hemorrhage – Uncontrolled bleeding in the brain. If a brain hemorrhage is not treated in a timely manner, the results can be serious and possibly even fatal.
- Permanent brain damage – Any brain injury can potentially result in permanent brain damage. Sometimes, the damage can be mild. In many cases, however, a head injury caused by a car accident can result in severe, permanent brain damage.
Whatever type of head injury you or your family is dealing with due to a car accident, we want to help you get the medical care and assistance you need to get your life back on track.
What makes car accident concussion injuries so complicated?
There are so many reasons why a concussion caused by a car accident can result in a complicated legal case. Reasons why include:
- The driver who caused your crash denies doing anything wrong.
- You’re seriously injured and cannot fill out forms related to your crash.
- The other driver’s insurance company has denied your accident claim.
- You can’t remember what happened, due to your head injury.
- The other driver’s insurance company made a lowball settlement offer and refuses to offer more money.
You’re not alone after your accident. Our legal team can help you every step of the way. We know the law. We understand how the legal system works. We are prepared to do the work that needs to be done to do the job right.
A new class of attorney you can count on after your concussion injury
You might think you don’t need a lawyer if another driver clearly caused your accident which resulted in your concussion. All you do is wait for the police and the insurance companies to finish their investigations and they’ll take care of everything, right?
Don’t be so sure. In many instances, legal cases involving concussions turn out to be far more complicated. One of the biggest reasons why is insurance companies. Often, they’ll do everything they can to reduce or deny your claim. Why? Because the financial toll of your accident-related expenses can quickly add up to thousands or even millions of dollars.
Our legal team knows how to deal with insurance companies. We know how to negotiate with them. If they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to file a car accident lawsuit on your behalf. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a Lexington car accident lawyer serious about winning your case.