What Should I Do After My Motorcycle Accident?
Get advice from Lexington, SC personal injury attorneys serious about winning
Knowing what to do after a motorcycle accident in South Carolina can be overwhelming. There are so many things you need to consider, and the decisions you make can have a lasting effect for many years to come. That’s why it’s critical that you fully understand your rights. That’s why our Lexington, SC motorcycle accident lawyers want to meet with you.
Our attorneys at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law can help you every step of the way. We know how the legal system works in South Carolina. We’re familiar with its laws and how they relate to motorcycle accidents. We’re committed to fighting for people throughout greater Columbia, every step of the way.
Both our lawyers were born and raised in Lexington. To us, what we do is more than just a job. It’s about righting wrongs and fighting for our friends and neighbors. You’re more than just a client at our law firm. You’re family. We would be honored to represent you and earn your trust.
What to do after your South Carolina motorcycle accident
Below, you’ll find our general recommendations for what you should do after your motorcycle accident. Please be aware that these suggestions can vary from one accident to another, and the following should not be taken as legal advice. That’s because every motorcycle accident has its own unique circumstances. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in South Carolina, please contact our law firm right away. We can discuss the details of your case, free of charge. Your best interests come first here.
- Contact the police – Ask the police to respond to your motorcycle accident. If the other driver doesn’t want to do so, insist on having the police investigate your accident. Often, disputes can come up later about exactly what happened. An official police report can help set the record straight.
- Get medical attention – Your health and well-being matter most. Have a doctor or another medical professional examine you as soon as possible. Even if you feel fine, you could have a life-threatening internal injury and not realize it.
- Get driver’s information – Make sure you get the driver’s personal information. This includes the driver’s name, address, phone number and insurance information.
- Keep your comments brief – Don’t talk about your accident with the other driver. Anything you say could later be used by their insurance company to deny your claim.
- Talk to witnesses – Witness testimony can be a powerful piece of evidence. If someone saw your motorcycle accident, get their name, phone number and address. That way, anyone investigating your accident can talk to the witness later.
- Take pictures – Take pictures of your accident, if possible. These pictures can be important pieces of evidence when trying to obtain financial compensation for your motorcycle accident.
- Call your insurance company – Tell your insurance company you have been in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver. Do not say anything else. Again, anything you say could potentially be used to reduce or deny your claim.
- Contact us – We can help you every step of the way after your motorcycle accident. We know how the legal system works and we’re prepared to do the work that needs to be done to make things right.
The time to act is now. The sooner we can get started, the stronger your legal case will likely be. We know what evidence to look for, what questions to ask and how to deal with insurance companies. You can count on us when it matters most.
Get serious about your motorcycle accident. Get Johnson + Johnson for justice.
Get the respect you deserve after your motorcycle accident. Get Johnson + Johnson. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation right now. One of our experienced Lexington motorcycle accident lawyers can explain all the options available to you.
Johnson + Johnson – a new class of attorney serious about winning your case.