What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Lexington, SC motorcycle accident attorneys serious about winning your case
How did your motorcycle accident happen in South Carolina? The answer to this question could help determine what happens to you in the future. That’s because insurance companies and others investigating your South Carolina motorcycle crash care about the answer to this question and can decide how much money you receive for your accident. That’s why it’s important that you talk to someone who knows how to handle serious accidents.
Our experienced Lexington, SC motorcycle accident lawyers at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law, can help you every step of the way. We know how to determine why motorcycle crashes happen. We know what evidence to look for. We know what questions to ask. We’re prepared to do the work that needs to be done to win your case.
How did your motorcycle accident happen?
Motorcycle accidents in South Carolina happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted drivers – Drivers often don’t pay attention on the road. Whether they’re eating, changing the radio station or looking up directions, a motorcycle crash can happen in a split second. When it does, the consequences can be catastrophic.
- Texting drivers – Texting while driving is against the law in South Carolina, but that doesn’t stop some drivers from texting behind the wheel. If there’s a motorcyclist nearby, the consequences can often be devastating.
- Speeding drivers – Speeding drivers often don’t have time to stop or avoid a motorcycle accident. That’s why it’s important for motorcyclists injured by speeding drivers to take strong legal action.
- Aggressive drivers – Motorcyclists know exactly what we’re talking about. Certain drivers don’t respect their space or give them enough room on the road. The result? Serious motorcycle crashes caused by aggressive drivers.
- Reckless drivers – Weaving in between vehicles, running red lights and other reckless behaviors often result in serious motorcycle accidents. When they do, our experienced attorneys are there to protect bikers’ rights.
- Tailgating drivers – Many drivers don’t leave enough space between themselves and other drivers. As a result, when they need to stop suddenly, they often cause motorcycle accidents because they were tailgating other drivers.
Is this how your motorcycle accident happened? Or are you dealing with another type of motorcycle crash? Whatever the circumstances of your accident, our attorneys want to help you hold the driver who caused your collision accountable for their actions.
What makes motorcycle accidents so complicated?
If another driver clearly caused your motorcycle accident, you might wonder why you even need a lawyer to resolve your legal case. The reality is many motorcycle crashes often turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect. Reasons why include:
- Many drivers deny doing anything wrong.
- Some drivers automatically blame motorcyclists for causing collisions.
- Some insurance companies are also often biased against motorcyclists.
You have too much at stake to try to tackle your accident on your own. Depending on the severity of your injury and the length of your recovery, your accident-related expenses (medical bills, lost income, etc.) can easily add up to thousands or even millions of dollars. That’s why it’s important that you talk to an attorney as soon as possible after your crash. We can make sure your voice is heard loud and clear. We can demand the respect you deserve.
Get serious about your motorcycle accident. Get Johnson + Johnson for justice.
Get serious about your motorcycle accident. Get Johnson + Johnson. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation. We understand the law and how it relates to your motorcycle accident. We’ll work tirelessly to build the strongest possible legal case for you.
Your case is about more than just money. It’s about holding the driver who caused your motorcycle crash responsible for their actions. We take our job very seriously. That’s because our attorneys – brothers Kevin and Steven Johnson – were born and raised in Lexington. As a result, the people we represent are often our friends and neighbors. You’re more than just a client at our law firm. You’re family.
Johnson + Johnson – a new class of attorney serious about winning your case.