What Should I Do After My Truck Accident?
Lexington, SC personal injury lawyers serious about winning explain what to do
After your truck accident in South Carolina, it may be confusing to know what to do next. Even knowing what your rights are might not be clear. That’s why it’s important that you talk with an attorney who knows the law and understands how the legal system works in South Carolina. That’s why we want to meet with you.
Our Lexington, SC truck accident lawyers at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law can help you every step of the way. We know the state and federal laws that apply to truck accidents. We understand how the legal system works, and we’re prepared to do the work that needs to be done to do the job right.
What to do after your South Carolina truck accident
Below, you’ll find some of our suggestions for what you should do after an accident caused by a truck driver. Please be aware that these suggestions are just general guidelines and should not be taken as legal advice because each truck accident is unique. That’s why we advise you to contact our law firm and schedule an appointment with us to discuss your specific case.
- Contact the police – Ask the police to respond to your truck accident. Accidents involving tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, semi-trucks and other commercial trucks are often very serious and demand strong legal action.
- Seek medical attention – Even if you feel fine, it’s important to have a medical professional examine you. You could have a life-threatening internal injury and not even know the severity of your injury.
- Get the truck driver’s information – Make sure to get the truck driver’s name, phone number, address, insurance information and trucking company information. Keep your comments to a minimum to the driver, because anything you say could later be used against you.
- Take pictures – A picture of your accident can be a valuable piece of evidence. If possible, take a picture of the accident scene – damage to the vehicles, skid marks in the road, anything that might strengthen your legal case.
- Talk to witnesses – Witness testimony can be a powerful piece of evidence after a truck accident claim. If someone saw your accident, get their name, phone number and address, so investigators can contact them as part of their investigation.
- Contact your insurance company – As soon as possible, tell your insurance company a truck driver caused your truck accident. Keep your comments brief. Even though it’s your insurance company, it’s important to be cautious when dealing with them.
- Contact a lawyer – The sooner you talk to an attorney, the sooner you’ll understand your legal rights. That’s why we want to talk with you right away.
Don’t underestimate the complexity of your truck accident. Get the help you need from a South Carolina truck accident lawyer you can trust.
Get serious about your truck accident. Get Johnson + Johnson for justice.
The clock is ticking after your truck accident. In many cases, truck accident victims in South Carolina have three years or less to file a lawsuit or take other legal action. That deadline – known as the statute of limitations – might seem like a long time. The reality is, the longer you wait, the more difficult it often becomes to build a strong legal case. Evidence disappears. Witnesses move away. Memories fade. That’s why we want to meet with you and help you get your life back on track.
Get serious about your truck accident. Get Johnson + Johnson. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation. One of our Lexington truck accident lawyers can review the details of your case and explain the legal options available to you.
Johnson + Johnson – a new class of attorney serious about winning your case.