Investigating Truck Accidents
Lexington, SC personal injury attorneys serious about winning your case
After a serious truck accident, it’s important that the accident undergoes a rigorous investigation. This is especially true if the truck driver clearly caused an accident that resulted in serious injuries. Otherwise, the injury victims might not get the financial compensation they need and deserve for their accident-related expenses.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in Lexington or Columbia, South Carolina, we want to help. Our experienced, Lexington, SC truck accident lawyers at Johnson + Johnson Attorneys at Law know how to thoroughly investigate commercial truck accidents. We know what questions to ask, what evidence to look for and how to compile all that information into a strong legal case.
What evidence matters when investigating truck accidents?
Certain information can be extremely important after a truck accident. That’s why it’s critical that you have a lawyer on your side who knows exactly what to look for when investigating your crash, including:
- Your official South Carolina accident report completed by the investigating police officer – our law firm can review your report to make sure all the information is accurate.
- Trucking company’s hiring records – we can examine these records to see if the company knew about similar truck accidents in the past.
- Trucking company’s maintenance records – we can see if the trucking company properly maintained its trucks.
- “Black box” data from truck involved in crash – we can examine just how fast the driver was going at the time of your crash, the last time the driver took a break and other important data.
- Truck driver’s driving history – we can determine if your accident was part of a pattern of reckless driving and similar accidents in the past.
- Eyewitness testimony of your accident – if someone saw your crash, their unbiased opinion of what happened can be a valuable piece of evidence.
Information is power. The more information we can find out about your accident and driver who caused your crash, the better. That’s why we want to meet with you as soon as possible and get straight to work on your case.
What makes investigating truck accidents so complicated?
You might wonder why you even need to hire a lawyer, especially if a truck driver clearly caused your truck accident. All you do is wait for the police officer investigating your truck accident and insurance companies will take care of everything, right? Don’t be so sure. Often, truck accidents turn out to be far more complicated for many different reasons, including:
- More than one government agency may be investigating your truck accident, including the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
- Different state and federal laws apply to commercial truck accidents.
- The truck driver denies doing anything wrong.
- The truck driver or trucking company challenges the findings of the police investigation.
- The truck driver blames you for causing your accident.
- The trucking company refuses to release information related to your accident.
- The trucking company’s insurance company denies your accident claim.
Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. That’s why it’s critical that you talk with an attorney who understands the law and knows how to tackle tough cases.
Get serious about your truck accident. Get Johnson + Johnson for justice.
Insurance companies and trucking companies don’t intimidate us. We know how to deal with them, we know how to investigate these crashes, and we know your rights. If they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to file a truck accident lawsuit against the trucking company on your behalf.
Get serious about your truck accident investigation. Get Johnson + Johnson. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation. One of our Lexington truck accident lawyers can review your accident and explain your options.
Johnson + Johnson – a new class of attorney, setting the standard for excellence.